Sunday, April 18, 2010

99 - 99 JSVB Posts On The Wall...

Today is my 100th Post Extravaganza Eve, or in other words my 99th post here on JSVB.  I have chosen the image below as the logical lead-in to tomorrow's big post.  I drew this at least twenty years ago, and Earl has somehow kept it all of this time.  Well, it does feature Earl so maybe he was motivated to keep it.

In the next few posts, I plan to answer more reader questions to JSVB.  Today's post brings up a question I was asked a while ago:  how come when I draw my friend Earl, I always draw him in a Star Trek Federation uniform?  (For example, click here to see Earl and Allan.  I thought I was being subtle with the suggestion of a Trek outfit.)



Wow, this is old.  I can see where I've kept some of the style from those days, and refined other parts.  Hopefully, I can continue to refine my work at least until this picture is forty years old instead of twenty. 

The nice lady with Earl making the gesture that would be considered very rude in some Mediterranean countries (sorry, I didn't know that at the time!) is not Earl's wife, by the way.  That's a story for another day.