Thursday, April 8, 2010

91 - Sketchbook Animals Request

Based on an older post (click here to see Mama & Baby Horse), I got a request to post the remainder of the animals in the set.  No problem, can do.  However, these are just quick sketchbook renditions.  They barely represent the final art.  Mostly, sketchbook work is good for hunting down problems in a drawing.  If I do something stupid in a sketch, I will learn from the mistake and try hard not to make the same mistake in a final draft. 

I don't mind posting to JSVB from my sketchbook, but most of the drawings that come from there are not fully realized.  In these sketches, I am fighting to come up with child-friendly designs that aren't copies of the Disney animals, which are what I would consider to be the highest industry standard.