Wednesday, December 5, 2012

698 - Toilet Of Doom


Today, I was the stuck-at-home duty officer.  I had a number of household chores I was mostly able to put off for later.  One priority I had to attend to was a broken toilet.  Fortunately for me, the fix was easy. 
 
One thing that toilets remind me of is Indiana Jones (pictured above for reference).  Not that I can recall any scenes in any of the movies where Dr. Jones is incommoded ("Indy!!" "Not now, Marion!  I'm busy making Number Two!"  "Indeeeeee!!!!"  " I. SAID. NOT. NOW!!!!" -- you have to imagine the trademark Harrison-Fordian snarl with that.) No, the toilet tie-in is trivia: the sound of the heavy cover on the stone crypt for the Ark of the Covenant being removed was made by scraping the ceramic lid of a household toilet cistern. 
 
That's something to ponder the next time you're sitting on the throne.