Monday, April 23, 2012

579 - Another Inconvenient Truth



In an extinction scenario that would be worthy of Al Gore, last night saw the demise of two ice-themed sea creatures, the Penguins and the Canucks, from NHL playoff hockey.  Although to be fair the Canucks aren't sea creatures except that their whale logo comes from a cheesy association with the Orca Bay Group, the team owner. 

Superimposing anthropomorphic features on the animals turned out to be harder than I anticipated.  These aren't my best caricatures.  That's Sidney Crosby on the left, Roberto Luongo on the right.  Neither player should suffer too much bearing their respective defeats as both are superstar players who will no doubt rebound in the league in one form or another. 

If asked, I would absolutely choose to sacrifice the Stanley Cup hopes of the Canucks (whom I vaguely admire) in exchange for the definitive derailment of the Penguins (whom I loathe, especially Sid The Kid)Looks like I got my wish this season.

Still, I am starting a career in making drawings of the Canucks losing the playoffs.  Please click here, here, and here to see more Canucks-related artwork on JSVB, although none of it is very cheerful.