Friday, April 6, 2012

569 - CMO B & A

B & A is my slang for Before & After.  This week, I had an unusual opportunity to back-check an image I drew some time ago: the aerial view of the Coast Meridian Overpass (CMO) in Port Coquitlam. 

I needed a bright, idealized picture of the bridge.  Unfortunately, at the time there were no vantage points that were tall enough in PoCo to produce the angle of view that I required.  This despite that the City at one point enjoyed the services of an unmanned camera blimp (and just how cool is that!?) to take pictures of the bridge from high aloft.  The blimp pictures were great, but all of them were at the wrong angle for my needs.  So, I decided to create the image I wanted from imagination. 

The "Before" version, painted from imagination.

Like I said, this week I finally got the aerial view I wanted, about half a year later.  Better still, I was able to take this picture with my own camera, so I keep the copyright. 
The "After" version, photographed by me from on top of the new Shaughnessy tower. 
The painting has already been featured as JSVB Post #500, but the photo is new.  To read more about the CMO and Post #500, please click here.