Friday, April 13, 2012

572 - Stoogesday The 13th


So help me, I've been actually looking forward to the new "Three Stooges" (2012) movie quite a lot.  Not enough to want to see it in the theatre, of course.  I firmly believe that a trip to the Cineplex is one of the most financially irresponsible things I can think of to do.  But even so, I want to see the Stooges, even if the new film won't have Jim Carrey, Sean Penn, and Benicio Del Toro as the lead actors (True! At least for a while.).

Second best is to pay tribute to the Three Stooges on JSVB for Ungood Art Day, traditionally the thirteenth day of every month.  I consider this piece Ungood in theme, as it represents the scandalizing violence that plagued a generation or two of parents of small children.  As  a child, I adored the Stooges, and still do today.  My friends and family remain aloof towards them, though.

This illustration is different from most of my other Ungood pieces in that I spent more than a day working on it, and it actually turned out much as I had hoped it would.  It's going to be that one rare piece that for as long as it lasts will live both in my Showcase as well as my Ungood Art section, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.