Saturday, February 19, 2011

313 - The Littlest Planet Killer


Science fiction lore tells the story of the Planet Killer.  Usually, that's some kind of brobdignagian mechanical supergun, blown up at the last moment through the talent of the plucky space hero. 

This particular pictured planet killer is none other than a Sweet & Salty Chocolate And Peanut Butter Bugle™.  You remember Bugles™, right?   Possibly some of the most unhealthy (but tasty!) snack foods ever, and the very ocasional treat from my childhood.  Now the good people at the Bugles™ manufactory have worked out some method for making their product exponentially sweeter, saltier, and I dare I suggest even more deleterious.  Or should I say delicious?  A small handful of these babies will clog your senses with sweet, salty choco-peanutbutteriness.  A few minutes later, I was sure I felt my arteries clog as well.  A full bag, well, I wouldn't reccommend finishing the whole package in one sitting, unless you prefer suicide by snack food.  Auto-da-fé de Bugle™, shall we say. 

Today's picture integrates the humble Bugle™ with the image of the famous planet killer from the Star Trek episode "The Doomsday Machine" (1967).  This is the actual Bugle™, with my fingers in the shot for scale.  I drew in a little Starship Enterprise to satisfy my inner geek.