Sunday, February 13, 2011

308 - Cherry Bomb




At least I have a decent title for this month's Ungood Art post for JSVB.  Today is the 13th of the month, traditionally that's Ungood Art Day.  It's the day I post something I've drawn or painted that just did not come out all that well. 

It seems that Ungood Art Day is gaining popularity, or at least notoriety.  And I am using the term "popularity" relatively speaking, as JSVB doesn't yet get all that many hits on the Internet.  However, people are coming up to me and giving me back stuff I must have drawn years ago. 

"Here you go, Jeff, I think you drew this for me.  You can use it for Ungood Art Day, right?"

Yay.  I'm getting my old art back.  And it's Ungood.  What an ego boost.

This looks like a sketch I drew of CBC hockey host Don Cherry.  Judging by the style, the use of the Pantone art pen, and the fact that this piece is on lined paper, I'd have to guess that I drew this sometime in the winter of 1999.  I'll admit it's not my Ungoodest artwork, but it's not my un-Ungoodest, either.