Sunday, October 17, 2010

230 - The Biker-Hamster Connection

The event that I am going to document actually happened a couple months ago.  I just now got around to doing something about it.  It all begins with this little toy hamster pictured here.   We bought this little guy for being so cute.  We refused to put the hamster in a bag since the carrying cage has a nice handle on top. 

When we needed to walk to where we were going next, we had to travel through a somewhat seedy part of town.  Nothing dangerous, but you could find some trouble if you went looking for it. 

Along the way, we see three huge tattooed biker dudes.  To me, they looked like they were in a gang.  Tough guys.  I don't much want to make eye contact, but the biker at the head of the trio was staring at my wife.  Staring hard. 

I'd like to say that I was ready to rumble, but let's be serious.  I barely sound credible trash-talking in a Civilization videogame.  As we approach the three bikers, I begin to wonder if something is up.  Something sinister.

Then the lead biker breaks out in a huge smile and points right at the hamster my wife is carrying.  I get it now: the biker has a child, and he must have bought a similar toy for his little one.  Kids really love these things. 

I think the biker was about to point out the hamster to his buddies, but they both shot him fierce looks, and he thought the better of it. 

For another biker-hamster connection, please click here.