Thursday, June 10, 2010

143 - Happy Birthday To Me!

WARNING:  If images of scantily-clad superhero women wrestling each other is offensive to you, you'd better not scroll this page down.  Same goes if you happen to be too young to be looking at this kind of stuff.
(scroll down to see the rest of the post)

























Traditionally, June 10th has always been my birthday.  My wife, family, and friends always come through with a nice party and gifts.  Since I always need stuff to post for JSVB, I decided this time to give myself the gift I've always wanted...



...a leather-clad girl-vixen catfight!

Specifically, I drew here a fight between Black Canary and Black Widow.  The idea came up in a conversation I had with one of my friends many months ago.  "I'd love to see a catfight between Black Canary and Black Widow," the friend said, and I must have agreed.

I know next to nothing about superhero comic books.  I later used the Internet to find out who these two characters are.  There's so much fan-based information on both of them, it's hard to sort out what's relevant.  There's easily more biography on either of these two ladies than there are on any ten normal women you could name.  In fact, the idea of a duel between Canary and Widow generates many, many pages of Internet text, but not all that many pictures. 

Officially, I guess that a Canary vs. Widow duel would not be likely, as each character belongs to a different comic book publisher.  This brings me to the topic of copyright:

Black Canary is the property of DC Comics, and Black Widow is the property of Marvel Comics.  I did not try to accurately draw either character.  I don't have the time or the will to pick up contemporary comic book style.  To me, they look like a blonde and a redhead dressed in leather.  Mmmm... leather...

Oh, and before I forget, yes, my marriage is doing well.  Looking back on JSVB, it seems that unless you prefer highly muscular people with no skin, the post with the most sex appeal is The Fashion Cowboy  (click here to see him).  I just wanted to address that situation with some girl on girl action!