Wednesday, June 23, 2010

150 - Art Critics, Part I

The art critics make their presence known. 

So, how did the big Green Revolution Art Show go?  My hope was that it would provide a stepping stone to some new experiences and connections in the art world.  I will say that my hopes were fulfilled, although not in any way a rational person would come to expect.  More on that in the next JSVB post, I think.

In actuality, the show will run for about a month.  The artists' program was just an informal get-together for a couple of hours.  Mostly, it seemed to me a gathering of shy artists, with me being the shyest.  The public did not seem interested or involved.

Everyone loved the venue, the Leigh Square Gathering Place in the heart of downtown Port Coquitlam.  It really is a magnificent building, and is a tremendous location for a community art gallery.  It's even LEED certified, meaning that the construction and operation of the building is environmentally sound.  We are spoiled here, especially compared to venues I've seen elsewhere. 

Please click here to learn more about the Green Revolution.