Tuesday, June 5, 2018

1511 - A Dirty Deed In Black & White


I have to say I'm not pleased with how the Canadian Federal Liberals handled the Kinder-Morgan pipeline expansion.  Instead of allowing Kinder-Morgan to use their own means to twin their existing pipeline, and instead of blocking the expansion to protect the environment owing to Kinder-Morgan's sketchy stewardship of their Burnaby line (a break spewed oil like a geyser into a residential neighbourhood not far from where I live), the Liberals simply chose to use taxpayer money to completely buy out the land rights to the Trans-Mountain Pipeline.  The baseline cost for that is $3.5 billion.  

So now every Canadian, all 39 million of us, are all part owners of the TMP.  I figure the Libs will be too cheap to send us deeds to our individual stakes in this thing, so I created some on my own.  This is the black and white version, which looks pretty decent.  Tomorrow, I will supply a very  snazzy colourized one that will be suitable for printing or even framing. 

So what's with 00304659 and why is that number special?  Please click here to find out!  EDIT: Well, I got the number wrong by one digit.  I'll fix it in the colour version.

I also have a song lyric to commemorate the hallowed event: JSVB Post #1501 - click here! 

Also, if you're interested in going back in time, please check out JSVB Post #627 by clicking here.  That's the point when the Christy Clark government finally decided to have a say in the TMP after months of completely ignoring Kinder Morgan.  I love how the project was estimated at $100 billion in 2012 and only $3.5 billion today.  What a bargain Mr. Trudeau the Younger has managed to get for us!