Wednesday, March 7, 2012

550 - Baked Bug


This is an old Volkswagen Beetle, or at least the roof and cockpit of one.  The picture doesn't have the composition I would have liked, but I did have fun playing with the colour values. 

I tried to adjust the picture to make the colours of the Beetle seem more rich, as lifelike as I could I remember them to be.  I did not bother to break the picture down into channels, and work at it section by section.  Instead, I just applied new colour curves to the whole thing at once and cropped out the stuff that looked to have drifted far off the reservation.  That's lazy work. 

Even so, I think I found a true red for the car, and I kind of like the way the rest of the image looks parched as a result. 


Now, I've re-cropped the image so that the car is the focal point of the image.  There's more detail.  You can see it was raining just a few minutes ago.