Sunday, May 15, 2011

370 - Cheesed Off

On May 12-13, Blogger, the outfit that supplies the server and software that I use to run JSVB, encountered a major fault and was shut down.  Many Bloggers were affected.  Some folks completely lost ther blogs, while JSVB suffered a clock malfunction that caused a couple of posts to go out of order.   In the big scheme of things, my repair was an easy one, and so I have no reason to get cheesed off with Blogger.  I wish to thank in particular DannyVile, who almost instantly came up with the proper fix for JSVB. 


On the same day that I was wrestling with Blogger and its issues, the doorbell rang.  As is my custom, I ignored the bell completely.  It rang again, and wearily I leaned away from the computer.  I weighed in my mind the difficulty of regaining the thread of my thoughts versus how heavily bored I would become conversing with someone who had the temerity to ring twice.  Shuffling towards the door, I concluded Blogger would bring me less joy than any visitor standing on my unwelcome mat.  Yes, I have an unwelcome mat, in fact two of them.  One reads BUZZ OFF, the other GO AWAY.  Nobody pays them any attention. 


In this day of GPS navigation, I was surprised to see at the door a lost girl delivering a pizza to the wrong address.  She had simply travelled one street too far, so I redirected her easily enough.  Then I thought, dang, I could have gotten out of cooking tonight if I had thought to buy the pizza.  As it turns out, though, it had toppings I do not like. 

What would you have done in my place?  It's not like you are stealing the pizza, since you would certainly pay for it and leave a good tip for the driver. 

On the other hand, it did happen to us one time that the delivery driver got lost and sold our pizza to someone else.  It took the restaurant an hour and a half to resolve the problem, at the end of which time we were ravenously tearing into a very cold pizza delivered to us by an equally aloof driver. 

This time around, the pizza, I presume, found its ultimate address, and I ended up producing a decent chicken cacciatore for supper.  Win-win, especially with wine left over for us.