Tuesday, April 12, 2011

352 - Bill Versus Photocopier

Yesterday, I posted a picture of my friend Earl struggling with computer repairs, based on an iconic scene from the movie Dr. Strangelove (1964).  Please click here to see that post. 

I've paid homage to that scene before.  Here is a sketch I drew sometime in the previous decade.  The gentleman riding the photocopier to oblivion is a friend and colleague I used to work with named William. He was easily the smartest and most creative person I have ever met, and a fantastically gifted artist.  However, even his towering intellect was brought down by our photocopier, a common enough theme in the workplace. His attempts to dominate the duplicitous beast were legendary.  Even so, I feel I have to blip out the identifying company trademarks in this sketch to keep it from being libellous.