Tuesday, April 5, 2011

347 - Curse Of The Cotton Pants

*

One of my friends once pointed out that the greatest acheivement of Western Civilization was the invention of cotton flannel lounge pants for men. 

My wife bought for me a couple or three pairs of these plaid wunderpants, and certainly they are most comfortable.  But cotton flannel pants are a trap.  What stops a man from wearing them to bed for the night like pajamas?  What prevents him from wearing them afterwards all day long?  And then back into bed for the next night?  And so on.

I knew a guy who would wear them to work.  He was a bachelor, which might explain things.  I guess if I want to avoid being single again, it's time for me to shelve my cotton flannel lounge pants for a while. 

*DISCLAIMER:  Wearing cotton flannel lounge pants won't make you look as illustrated.  Not even close.