Thursday, August 31, 2017

1405 - Archangel Gabriel I

From the "Just When I Thought I Was Out... They Pull Me Back In!" Dept.:

 



   So I stopped blogging for quite a bit longer than I had anticipated.  I even got used to not blogging.  The Earth kept spinning, bills kept coming in, and Star Trek started a new series on television.  

   I'm starting another religious icon, this time the Archangel Gabriel.  You put Gabriel on the left, Archangel Michael on the right and Mary, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit in the middle, and you have a traditional triptych, an Orthodox arrangement of three icons.  

   Beginning a triptych means I'll have the material for a number of posts, so this is what brought me back to JSVB.  I already have a few dozen posts describing how icons are written, so I doubt I'll discuss the process much anymore.  I will try to be more diligent in posting, though.  Promises, promises, right?