Monday, May 13, 2013

780 - C-3-GIMP-O


Here's the black C-3PO model I started with for my JKE-RBN7 Star Wars baseball card.  I modified this draft considerably when I realized that drawing an ebony C-3PO makes the character look like a kinky sex fiend zipped into a black latex sensory deprivation suit, complete with slave collar.  Think of "The Gimp" from "Pulp Fiction" (1994).  I hoped that drawing the baseball uniform and cap would make it look less depraved, but the drawing ended up looking like a kinky sex fiend zipped into a black latex suit wearing a baseball jersey and cap. 
 
I realized I had to tone down the black and add some details to make the character's head  look less like a sex mask. 
 
This isn't quite the actual drawing I was working on, I stopped about two-thirds of the way into this draft when I suddenly realized where it was going.  Today, I finished this draft and restored the original black colour, which just took a few minutes.  It's ungood enough for Ungood Art Day, which happens to be today, traditionally the thirteenth day of every month.  Every Ungood Art Day, I post some piece I've worked on that went horribly wrong in some way.  It's a nice shot of humble after posting an entry that attracted almost 7,000 hits in one day.
 
To see how the black C-3PO was supposed to turn out, please check out JSVB post #773 by clicking here.