Monday, September 17, 2012

655 - Puppy Progress II



The next evolution of my dog portrait.  If you squint your eyes and look at if from far away, it starts to look like the original photo.  That's not such a bad thing, as it means that the rough draft is fairly solid.
 
The dog doesn't sit on the grass properly, not yet.  I rendered the grass using my computer so that I didn't have to paint each blade, but I will have to go in and paint several tufts to make the dog look like he's sitting in the grass and not on a layer on top of it.  Now that I have the basic greens and yellows worked in, I can colour-correct the image either by adjusting its curves in Photoshop or by applying thin glazes.  Obviously, Photoshop would be faster, but glazing is more painterly. 
 
I also have to fix layering goofs like the obvious artefacts around the leash.  I also need to work on some corrections for subtle issues with the fur on the forelegs and the top of the head.