Sunday, June 17, 2012

604 - "Summerlawn"


I've been spending a quiet afternoon working on JSVB.  Looking out the window, I've this moment realized just how quiet things are in the neighbourhood.  For a nice Sunday without rain for once, there's no power washers, gas mowers, or even cars or trucks roaming.  I don't hear kids playing or the yelp of the neighbour's dog.  I'm pretty sure I heard some birds chirping and clicking near my window a few minutes ago, but now there's not even a single robin or sparrow.  Those guys are always around. 

My wife said that she wanted to go out and work on the front yard chores, that was maybe an hour ago.  I went out right now to see how she was doing.  I noticed how she left the reel mower in the middle of the lawn.  I thought it looked kind of interesting and forlorn out there all by itself standing amongst the half-cut buttercups, so I grabbed the camera and uploaded this photograph.  I like the composition with the green of the mower being similar to the green of the lawn and the trees.  Summer lawn, so strangely quiet.