Saturday, May 26, 2012

589 - Basement Suite And Sour


I've tracked down and photographed the basement suite apartment that was my home base during University.  This is a recent picture.  When I was in school, the car in the picture would have been brand new.  By coincidence, I drove a car much like it back then.   

Nothing seems to have changed.  I am pleased that I have moved on, though.  I regarded my little hole in the ground as my own fiefdom of personal freedom.  I got to do pretty much whatever I wanted, although I don't recall ever setting my sights very high, with the exception of romantic conquest.  Unlike my friends who adopted dormitory life, I could eat what I wanted, sleep when I felt like it, and watch whatever television channel I pleased.  On the other hand, my apartment was usually a lonely place.  If I wanted to get out and visit people, I often was compelled to climb into my car and drive somewhere to where the fun was.