Thursday, February 23, 2012

541 - Sunburn Map Of The Balkans



My wife tans beautifully.  I tan poorly.  Exposed to the same sun for the same amount of time, she will turn a beautiful golden brown, while my skin forms red blotches that resemble disease. 

We did not take any photos of my tan in Puerto Vallarta, so I made this sketch.

The morning we woke up after our first full day of sun, my wife took one look at me and proclaimed that my sunburn looked just like a map of the Balkans.  See above.  She was even less thrilled when my skin started to peel from Ljubljana to Bosnia & Herzegovina. 

My thanks to keepdesigning.com for their awesome free tropical print, as well as to Fabian Vendrig, whose accurate reference map of the Balkans happens to be an eerily similar match to my skin tan pattern.