Sunday, October 2, 2011

460 - Join White Squadron!

"Join White Squadron!  Yes! White Squadron!  First into battle, and first to find replacements for those who went into battle first!"

My wife was searching through some old files and came across this sketch I made back in 1999.  It's a picture of a valiant white corpuscle, a single-celled organism in our bloodstream that ferrets out and destroys disease.   White Squadron refers to the whole elite corps of white corpuscles in our bodies, and not ever to some kind of nasty white supremecist propoganda. 

The quote is in fact a total rip-off of the "Red Squadron" recruitment poster in Ace Azzameen's room in the LucasArts videogame Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance (1999). 

I've drawn warrior corpuscles before.  Arguably, the worst of my JSVB Ungood Art was BraveHelperTCell, which I drew when I was really sick.  This sketch isn't much better.  I like the concept of drawing white corpuscles as great warriors, but I have yet to perfect the art. 

To see BraveHelperTCell, please click here and be amazed.