Thursday, December 2, 2010

261 - The Catspaws That Refreshes


After yesterday's post, I thought I was on a roll.  Nothing like real life to return humility to the artist.  I'm hopping around to get things done, but I am being pulled in all kinds of directions.  Today, I tried to make some more topical artwork, but without proper warm-ups, I ended up getting jammed up instead.  Maybe tomorrow, I'll get down to it.

There's always the big cat, though. I've added detail to the paws.  To make them seem weighted solid to the stone, I've also started to refine the look of the rock base.  You can see a bit where there's no model at all, just neutral grey.  Later, I think I will add some snow for visual interest.  I also might have to recompose the image, as perhaps the cat's head is too high.  Fortunately, computers make recomposition relatively easy.