Thursday, March 11, 2010

66 - Ddua Bawdheolia


Here is an interesting historical piece.  Apparently, it's an 18th century Welsh ink drawing of a mother putting her children to sleep with the story of "Ddua Bawdhoelia".  Ddua Bawdhoelia is a legendary black beast so loathesome that if men (or women or especially children) stared at it long enough, they would go mad with madness. 


-OOGY STUFF ALERT-
If you are to look farther, you will understand the true nature of Ddua Bawdhoelia...













Yes, I have to admit it, the true Ddua Bawdhoelia is this stupid black toenail I've been sporting for about a month now.  I have stared at it long enough, and it is starting to stir my imagination in dark ways.  It will truly be ugly if it falls off: Grilliwch! indeed. 

The English To Welsh translations are courtesy of a free on-line service called InterTran.  I have no idea if InterTran's interpretation is any good.  If I ever get a job at the UN, maybe someday I will find out.