Saturday, December 29, 2018

1582 - One Fine Day In Gotham


For some time, I've been doing extensive research on Superman.  This started with my bespoke globe of the planet Krypton (for example, please click here to see JSVB Post #1544), but now I have a broader interest in The Man Of Steel.

The weather has been great lately, so I decided to leave Metropolis and journey across the Bay to sprawling Gotham.  Normally it's stormy and dour over there,  but sometimes you can luck into a crisp, brilliant fall day before thick grey snow chokes the city.  

I took this photo of a statue of Batman brooding atop a cenotaph, which I thought was a little strange since I don't recall ever reading that their City Hall ever laid out funds for such a thing.  I turned away to mention this to my wife, but when I looked back the statue was gone.