Tuesday, March 20, 2018

1487 - "Late Fees"


I call this picture "Late Fees", since it's all about being a bit late.  For one thing, I've been very late at posting to JSVB.  I've been busy!  

In a bid to snag a vacation, my wife and I entered a contest to visit the Rosebud Motel in Schitt's Creek, near Toronto.  Schitt's Creek is a television show we both like.  If you've never watched it you can tell by the name that it's not exactly Masterpiece Theatre, although Schitt's Creek has an extremely talented cast and some very witty writing.  

It turned out that to enter the contest, we had to supply a Schitt's Creek-themed picture.  My wife volunteered to dress up and be photographed as Stevie Budd, the owner of the motel.  I volunteered to Photoshop the top of Stevie's hair and forehead onto the picture so that my wife appears more like Ms. Budd.  Looks weird!  

I also mocked up an old VHS videocassette  for Rose Video.  In the TV show, there used to be a nationwide chain of video rental stores, but all of them went bankrupt.  Stevie here is hanging on to one of the last surviving movies that still has the Rose Video label.  I wonder what the late fees are for that?