Tuesday, August 4, 2015

1134 - "The Human Ampersand" Sketch


Following the critical success (read: nobody crossed the street yesterday to go out of their way to kick me) of the previous JSVB Post "Interrobangman", I decided to sketch some related ideas.  I found that I couldn't draw Interrobangman without imagining other punctuation-based superheroes.  

A quick search of the Internet shows that there are indeed a few grammar hero cartoons out there.  They seem to lack irony, though.  If you don't get enough irony in your diet, you grow apathetic and the next thing you know you're voting for incumbents in the next election.

The Human Ampersand shares pretty much the same joke as Interrobangman, so I declined the opportunity to render this picture past a sketch: you get the idea.   I've got a couple more sketches I'll share in the near future, so stay tuned, dear JSVB readers - same ampersand page, same ampersand channel! 

You can click this link to see Interrobangman, in case you have no idea what I'm talking about.