Wednesday, September 3, 2014

1002 - Jeff Fixes Something


Yesterday, I had to fix something.  

Since I didn't have a camera with me, I drew a sketch to commemorate the event.  I'm pretty sure this is close to how it must have looked: Man pitted against his eternal and implacable foe Machine.  Sparks and plasma  arc through the sky like fireworks.  The burnt air reeks of ozone and male sweat.  Millimeter by millimeter, the degenerate forces of dilapidation give way under my determined assault.  I complete the repair.  My work is done.

Well, it's a good thing I didn't have a camera.  I was repairing a wall-mounted light switch.  And although that brought me to my limit of ability with home restorations, after I finished my work I discovered I had repaired the wrong switch. 

So I will stick with the heroic version.  I don't know what tools I am using in the picture, but hey, does it matter?  Look at the cool way I use my own name as a sound effect!  Sometimes, it's really great being an artist.