Monday, November 25, 2013

879 - Logo's Labour Lost


Yesterday was the 101st CFL Grey Cup, historic since it provided the Saskatchewan Roughriders' first championship win in from of a home crowd.  Congratulations to the Roughie's - Saskatchewan's first football love, and everybody else's second-favourite team.
So, I have a BC Lions logo, slightly tarnished.  It's got nothing to do with the Riders, but at least it's still football-related.  I started this logo project back in February, and had it firmly rejected in April.  That stung pretty good; I had poured a lot of effort into this piece.  It took a long time to get over most of the resentment.  At the end of the season, I ended up with a decent reward anyhow.
The lesson ends up being that All Things Work Out The Way That They Should.  It's impossible to say how, they just do.  Hopefully, in a few years I will have the chance to look back on this JSVB post and see whether or not I was right or just being a sentimental idiot.