Saturday, October 13, 2012

673 - Hamster Heaven, Frog Hell


The 13th of every month is Ungood Art Day on JSVB, a celebration of art pieces that stopped being good before long before they were finished.  Coincidentally, the 13th of October is also my wife's birthday, so there has developed over time a bit of an uncomfortable overlap between these two events.  Today, I have forged a reconciliation.
 
Out from the bottom of my picture morgue, I found an artwork we worked on together many, many years ago.  My wife, the eternal romantic, drew the imaginative and fanciful tableau of flying angel hamsters in love frolicking beneath the lucid arc of a midnight rainbow during the new moon.
 
I recall thinking that I had to draw something gross to balance out the sweetness of my wife's design, so I rendered a bursten and flattened frog as roadkill.
 
Now it's our first Ungood Art collaboration, Happy Birthday Sweetheart!