Friday, January 7, 2011

282 - Jeff Shyluk: Cultural Icon


I've been nominated by the Mayor of Port Coquitlam to serve as a Citizen Advisor on the Committee for Cultural Development! 

Well, I made that sound as pompous as possible.  In reality, I asked if I could join the Committee, and even after making a mashup out of the paperwork, they still let me in.  I won't be setting policy or anything, as there is already a talented group in place who have done much of the initial work.  Judging by how rough it was for me as an artist last year, I feel I can offer good advice on what not to do.  Since the the nature of the CCDA is fairly technical, I doubt that I will make mention of it very much in the future, if at all. 

Above is an old photo of me being cultural.  That's my wife-to-be looking regal on my arm.  Unfortunately, it's just a Hallowe'en costume, and not the dress of high rank or priviledge.  Worse still, the Prince Charming outfit does not even come close to fitting me anymore.

I cannot take credit for snapping this picture.  We were at a big, fun dance party with some friends.  If I had to bet, I would say that Earl took the photo; I borrowed it from his blog to put into JSVB - thanks, Earl! 

Wow... were we ever really that young?!