Tuesday, April 12, 2016

1234 - "Night Hams"


Edward Hopper's "Nighthawks" (1942) is one of America's most recognizable and parodied artworks.  

I spent today, which happens to be World Hamster Day, re-painting a copy of Nighthawks to incorporate hamsters.  It was a lot of fun making this project, including tightening up a few details to make the picture more hamster-centric and setting up a really nice colour palette for the hams.  

If I had any craftsmanship, I'd sure want to build the diner to hamster scale and populate it with the rodents as in the illustration.  I guess I'd have to fasten them to their seats to get the Hopper composition, but that would likely anger everybody especially the hams.  

For other World Hamster Day tributes on my blog, please click here to see JSVB Post #942 and click here to see JSVB Post #765 which explains exactly why April 12 is World Hamster Day.