Wednesday, August 24, 2011

436 - "The Headcrab"

The headcrab is the smallest monster from the iconic "Half-Life" series of videogames.  It's a beast roughly the size and shape of a small plucked and headless turkey or a very large chicken what would have escaped from Hell.  They run, jump, and attack on four claw-like limbs.  Standard headcrabs are vaguely fleshy-coloured, while poisonous headcrabs exhibit dark pigmentation. 



I shot the picture above which is not a headcrab, but to me it looks enough like one in low light.  It's actually just a facecloth that my wife folded over the soapdish in our bathroom to dry it out.  The low light, the evocative tile wall, and the fact that I have started again to play Half Life late at night all conspire to make my skin crawl a little every time I see this tableau out of the corner of my eye.  

At the very least, this reminds me to make sure I can find the crowbar for when I need it.

For another look at Half Life (almost), please check out JSVB Post #123 by clicking here.