Tuesday, August 16, 2011

429 - How To Hold Scissors

Who knew there was a right and a wrong way to hold a pair of scissors?  Apparently, a lot of people knew that, and now late to the game, so do I.


I drew this both as practise for drawing dynamic  hand action as well as a public service message. 


The thumb goes into the loop on top.  Your pointer finger (index) stays out of the bottom loop and rests on the scissor as a guide.  The middle and ring fingers go in the loop.  If you have big hands and small scissors, the pinky may not fit in the bottom of the loop with the other fingers. 


Almost all scissors are too small for me.  I am constantly getting my fingers and thumb stuck in the holes.   This grip does not solve that problem, but I suppose it's a tighter, more accurate way of holding scissors.