Monday, September 24, 2018

1553 - Archangel I


It's icon time again!  And, if you've followed JSVB, you will recognize it's yet another archangel.  I'm not even going to bother naming this one until the end, but this one is Gabriel.  

The only reason this angel is Gabriel is because I wrote (painted) another icon exactly like it but as a mirror image.  The steps I will follow to create this icon I hope will be exactly like the ones I employed to create its mate, Michael (mis-labelled as Gabriel all last year in JSVB). I'll change this icon's robe colour, perhaps. 

As Star Trek proves, Gabriel (Lorca) and Michael (Burnham) are largely interchangeable.  They just use different colour schemes.   

Despite the ragged look of the gold, the gilding went well.  The gold needs to be brushed - carefully and gently! - and sealed.