Sunday, May 26, 2013

787 - Petergrad

 
This weekend, my friend Peter was awarded his doctorate in Sociology.  I very much enjoyed the ceremony.  The picture quality is a little dodgy because I don't have any long lenses for my camera - maybe I could afford one if certain JSVB readers bought more art instead of just ripping it off. 
 
There were many things to enjoy: Peter dressed up like a character from the lid of a Cataan game box, Peter's sister showing up to the ceremony wearing the same hat as the dear Doctor, the lovely weather, and the company of my even lovelier wife sheathed into her hot-hot red Las Vegas dress (click here to see that!) . 
 
I will take every opportunity to greet Peter with, "What's Up Doc?" at least for as long as he keeps his college job.  And for the rest of his life, he will have to tell people, "No, I am not that kind of Doctor."  Still, any kind of Doctor is pretty great in my book.