Monday, April 22, 2013

770 - Fun With Robots I


 
Just as I was about to post this picture, my wife asks me why I am drawing a gigantic robot trashing Paris.  There's only one answer: the robot is supposed to be wrecking London.  Several hours into this project, I came to the crushing realization that I somehow mistook Paris for London.  Good thing I'm not getting paid for this one. 
 
Of course, this piece isn't done; I'm just posting progress.  I have to knock off the top three-fourths of the Eiffel Tower and drop them onto the city.  There have to be fires and plumes of smoke.  The robot, obviously patterned after "Mars Attacks!" (1962, 1997), will receive considerable re-working.  I need to draw some army guys falling out of the Jeep, and I have the idea  for a very particular Commander to ride in the bubble of the robot.  Like the other unfinished things I've posted to JSVB, I'll show my progress as I go to work on this thing.