Friday, September 16, 2011

448 - Twitter Background Template



Another day, another template.  This one is for a Twitter background.  Exactly as I have absolutely no interest in using Facebook, I also do not want to use Twitter.  What possible use can I have for tweets when my focus is on graphics?  A picture is worth a thousand words, so goes the saying.

Yet here I am again designing templates for social media.  As cryptic as I find the setup for Facebook, Twitter is positively byzantine in my opinion.  The Twitter interface is designed for ease of use for text, but not for graphics.  Twitter employs a "floating" menu system which allows their text boxes to conform to a variety of screens, from high definition widescreen televisions, to handheld smartphones, to wireless tablets, to old school cathode-ray tube monitors. 

How this affects the graphic designer is that he or she must create a template that fills the screen but averages out where the floating menus may go.  That's what I believe this template does. You can put contact information or logos in the boxes anywhere to the left of the three vertical lines.  The floating menus should cover up most of the Photoshop-style gradient. 

Or you can enjoy this piece as minimalist abstract artwork that took me a lot longer to put together than you might think.