Saturday, July 2, 2011

399 - Twelvefield Bounces Back


Today's JSVB post sure doesn't look like much, but for me it's a huge milestone.   It's a frame from the first animation I have drawn for almost a decade.  In the past, I used to draw animation quite a bit.  My "twelvefield" Hotmail address, maintained carefully almost since the inception of Hotmail itself, refers to the field size of standard animation paper, which is 12 (12fld). 


My stars have aligned to the point where I have garnered enough money to begin purchasing some quality animation software.  Today, I finally had a chance to give it a workout.  This moment, I've just realized how terribly far my animation skills have slipped, though.  I thought I could just pick up where I left off, especially considering that I've been keeping up my visual blog fairly regularly.  Nope.  It looks like I am going to have to learn everything all over again. 


I do hope to post some animation to JSVB, but this jumping hamster looks so uncool that today I will stick to posting a single frame to represent my progress.