Friday, September 10, 2010

202 - Me vs. Plants vs. Zombies


If you greatly enjoy the PopCap videogame Plants vs. Zombies, just like my wife and I do, and you use the STEAM online gaming service, just like my wife and I do, you should therefore today see that all of your saved game files have been automatically deleted from the remote Steam Cloud server, just like my wife and I did. 

Today's automatic patch fixed an issue with the saved game files by deleting them all without warning.  Given that I discuss major social issues on JSVB from world hotspots like Pakistan, Haiti, and Jamaica, by comparison this videogame glitch is very small and petty.

Oh well, small and petty it is tonight.  I tried all the sytem restore tricks I know to salvage the local game files, but to no avail.  So instead, I drew the forbidden Michael Jackson Thriller Zombie eating my computer.   Although MJ and the Thriller Zombie are the intellectual properties of others, I rely on the satirical content of this post to allow me the priviledge of keeping this artwork on JSVB. 

(N.B.: A previous automatic patch from PopCap and STEAM removed Michael Jackson content from Plants vs. Zombies, reportedly at the request of the Jackson Estate lawyers.  PopCap preserve us from any more of your automatic patches!)

For another image of unnatural entities chewing on my computer hardware, please click here.