Friday, May 21, 2010

126 - A Good Deed, Punished

A few days ago, I was quite busy indoors on a beautiful sunny day.  My wife decided that she would help me out by mowing the back lawn, which is a chore I almost always do. 

I've got a small window by my workplace, and I used it periodically to observe how my sweet babaloo would get along with our push reel mower.  She wore her cute little outfit for gardening in the sun, which I like to see.

I was grinding way on some art piece when suddenly I heard a squawk from the lawn, something too big to be a bird.  Then I heard somebody pouring ball bearings on roof.  I looked out the window.  Well, my wife had made a couple of passes and that was all before suddenly a tiny, thick black cloud formed directly above her head.  It seemed to precisely pour little stones of frozen rain directly onto our yard but missed the neighbours.  My poor baby was running for cover, hauling away at the mower as a woman possessed.  Just as she finally got the mower squared away under shelter, the cloud dissipated and the sun came out again.

She just stood there dripping wet, and refused to mow again.  I recorded the picture in my sketchbook and finished the lawn after both it and my wife had a chance to dry out.