Sunday, December 10, 2017

1441 - "Kookie The Christmas Ghost"


That netherworld between Hallowe'en between Christmas, where we are routinely announced the countdown of shopping days until gift-giving time, needs a mascot.  Well there's Jack Skellington, but he's shackled to The House Of Mouse for eternity.  

I needed something cute to cheer up the pre-winter interholiday span, and I knew I had a winner when I went the bank to negotiate my line of credit (I tend to shop early).  At the teller's window was an old Hallowe'en ghost figure, the sort you'd pick up from a dollar store to decorate a bank that measures annual profits in the billions. Too disinterested in the tiny ghost to remove it after October 31st, the person in charge of corporate holiday cheer simply put a red Santa hat on the ornament.  Now our spectral friend was ready for the next holiday!  

I knew I could draw that, and it made so much sense at a time when the stores are packed with simultaneous Hallowee'n and Christmas decorative overlap.   So, when you dream of Disney-free pre-post inter-hallowed-mas shopping time mascots, please think of Kookie!