Tuesday, August 27, 2013

833 - The Loungetones

Tangent time. 
 
As I make iterative saves on my work, I group them into categories.  The sketch phase gets one set of names, the clean-up another, paint yet another, and so on.  Since I am working on tones here, and this is the lounge of the U.S.S. Enterprise, I am naming this series "The Loungetones". 
 
I thought that would be a hell of a name for a musical band, The Loungetones.  I avow a preference for lounge tunes, the ultra-cool, wildly cheesy music that was popular when Star Trek first played on television.  Along with jazz, it's what I prefer to listen to as I work. 
 
An internet search shows up alarmingly few entries for "The Loungetones."  Notably there was a band from the 1990's fronted by the velvet-voiced Mondo Tom.  I doubt they are looking to add an overweight, myopic ukulele player who knows the C Major scale and five chords, though.  I'll stick to painting.