Tuesday, August 13, 2013

827 - Eyeball Pie ("Pie Eyed")

The thirteenth of every month on JSVB is traditionally "Ungood Art Day".  I feature something that I made that just did not work out the way I had intended, and for the worse.  People love artistic blunders. There's something deep in our culture that makes us all feel better for looking at ungood art, something akin to walking through a country field in flip-flops while avoiding all the cow flops.  Look at what I almost stepped in. 
 
This was supposed to be cherry pie, but I had to keep it black and white.  I wanted to show that the cherries were shiny with syrup, but the cherries ended up looking like eyeballs instead.  Eyeball pie. 
 
Talk about pie eyed.  Here's looking at you, kid.
 
Here is a link to the somewhat more successful final version, please click here.