Wednesday, February 13, 2013

736 - Hearts Of Wax



The day before Valentine's Day, I figure I will show off my very latest Ungood Art, seeing as today is also the 13th of the month, traditionally Ungood Art Day here on JSVB.
 
I admit these pieces don't have a lot of spark to them.  I even have ungooder Ungood Art waiting to be shown.  But it's the season for romance and Ungood Art, so  these tiny penny-sized sculptures fulfill today's intent. 
 
What makes these hearts Ungood is that they are both made out of the unique crimson wax wrapping from those little Babybel cheeses you can find at the supermarket.  Once you eat the cheese, you are left with this red wax shell that melts easily in the temperature of your hand.  Then you mold the wax with your fingers into something that you could throw at a co-worker's head, or into romantic hearts in this case.  I molded these hearts instead of doing something good for art; in particular, I was stalling from painting my religious icon. 
 
So, celebrate a Happy Valentine's Day with Babybel Cheese! Unless you're lactose-intolerant, in which case Valentine's would be just another manufactured hell from bacterial culture.