Thursday, November 15, 2012

689 - Pall Oak And Fold


I painted out an oak tree for a project I am attempting to complete.  Lots of leaves, dab, dab, dab goes the brush.  I assembled the tree in layers in Photoshop.  Thinking that the various layers of trees and branches might have interesting interactions, I took the time to play with some random layer blending modes.  It as a good thing I did; once I assembled all of the layers together for the first time, the tree turned out to be a massive jumbled mess.  Only by re-arranging layers was I able to salvage the composition. 
 
I got this abstract tree by pushing the layer blends into unusual combinations.  I think this tree looks like something that might be on the cover of a vinyl record album or a high school textbook out of the 1980's. 
 
So, if you need an image for your next record album, or you are planning on writing a Biology 101 textbook, I have this image available in massive high resolution.  JSVB needs money for Christmas!  Fine art makes an excellent and personal gift for the coming holiday season.