Thursday, November 8, 2012

684 - Local Party Promo

 
I've created a print ad on behalf of my local Legion, who is planning a big Grey Cup party this year.  This is the low-res proof, fine to look at but not high-res for print. 
 
The football players belong to a photo taken at last year's Grey Cup game, which was played here in Vancouver.  The photo is courtesy the BC Lions, I did not take this picture.
 
I did run it through a number of Photoshop filters.  Apart from Unsharp Mask, I try to avoid using a lot of filters since used the wrong way they can turn a decent picture into mush.  Sometimes, though, an artist has to forge ahead.  I used a heavy Unsharp Mask to get a high definition look, and then added a High-Pass Filter to increase the contrast without losing the gamut.  Then, I used a Motion Blur to create the dynamic diagonals.  I stripped the colour and overlaid a halftone pattern called "Linear", which I think adds a nice greyscale that should not turn into mud when photocopied.