Friday, January 14, 2011

287 - The Invisible Wall

"So that's what the invisible wall looks like..."
-Time Bandits (1981)

"Time Bandits" isn't the greatest film ever made, but it does have one of my favourite throw-away lines when the characters all run into an invisible wall.

Recently, Blogger, the service that hosts JSVB, sent me a propaganda piece in mail about how stable and reliable their product is.  For a free service, Blogger is very good, but like Time Bandits, it isn't perfect. 

I look to be hitting some "invisible walls" soon, as frequent posting with custom graphics on every page may fill my Blogger space and its attendant Picasa image host to its limit.  Probably around post #300, I may hit a wall, and if not that, then maybe #400?  For a service that prides itself on quality relations with its clients, I am finding it difficult to find answers in Blogger regarding these limits. 

If I hit a wall, then JSVB might have to be put on hold while I figure out how to fix the problem.  At the worst, I might have to open up a new blog space.  We'll see.  I just thought it would be a good idea to bring this topic to light.