Wednesday, June 9, 2010

142 - Queequeg.jpg


Queequeg?  Why not Queequeg, I say.  "Moby Dick" turns out to be one of my favourite books.  I find the stories of the Yankee whalers to be fascinating and exotic, but it was also a brutal and bloody business as well. 

At one point, I started sketching out the characters, which is how Queequeg ended up in my book.  I am thinking I would like to re-read the novel and re-sketch the characters.  Among bits and pieces of crooked lines and forms, I am particularly galled that I cropped the image because the sketch ran over the boundaries of the page, a very rookie mistake. 

---

Also, I should point out that if all goes as planned, tomorrow's JSVB entry will be intentionally "PG Rated".  I figure if there are parents with little ones, they may need to answer tough questions about what that lady in the picture is doing.  For those who care, this is either a warning or an incentive to tune in to JSVB tomorrow.